How to Subscribe to the Clergy-Laity Schedule with Microsoft Outlook
An Internet Calendar Subscription is a calendar that you download and view in Outlook. However, unlike a Calendar Snapshot, Internet Calendar Subscriptions are updated automatically.
These calendars can be found on Web sites where people host calendars. On such a Web site, you can click a link to download and subscribe to the calendar, or someone can send you a link to the Internet Calendar Subscription in an e-mail message. This link is an Internet Web address that begins with webcal://, instead of http://, and ends with a file name that has the .ics file extension.
Click this link for the Clergy-Laity Calendar Subscription or copy and paste the following address:
You might be prompted to acknowledge that you are opening a hyperlink. You should click Yes only if you know and trust the validity of the linked calendar.
- At the prompt, Add this Internet Calendar to Outlook and subscribe to updates, click Yes.
The Clergy-Laity Calendar opens in side-by-side view in the Outlook Calendar and is added to the Navigation Pane in Calendar view under Other Calendars. The calendar will check periodically for any updates made to the schedule.
You can identify an Internet Calendar Subscription in the Navigation Pane by the icon.
- To remove an Internet Calendar Subscription from side-by-side view, clear the check mark for the calendar in the Navigation Pane.
- To overlay multiple calendars, use the arrow buttons on the calendar tabs.
- You can drag items from the Internet Calendar Subscription to other calendars in side-by-side view.
- To remove the Internet Calendar Subscription from the Navigation Pane, right-click the calendar name, and then click Delete calendar name.
- Internet Calendar Subscriptions can be added, changed, or removed from the Account Settings dialog box. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings, and then click the Internet Calendars tab.
Want more info? Visit Microsoft's Outlook support page on subsribing to calendars here.