Dear Clergy-Laity Delegate,
It is with much excitement that we prepare to welcome you to New York City for the Consecration of Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church and National Shrine and the 46th Biennial Clergy-Laity Congress!
I wanted to send you some important information about your arrival in New York and the beginning of the Clergy-Laity!
- Registration at the Marriott Marquis Hotel will be on the Sixth floor. Please proceed there to complete your registration. At that time, you will receive your credentials for both the Congress as well as the Consecration of Saint Nicholas.
- If you have not done so already, please download our smartphone App, GOA Events. On it, you will be able to login using your Clergy-Laity registration information, and the App will provide each delegate everything they need to navigate the Congress, from the Schedule to documents and reports, and so much more. Please download the app today! https://www.clergylaity.org/app
- The Divine Liturgy on Sunday, July 3 will be at the Archdiocesan Cathedral of the Holy Trinity. The Liturgy will begin at 8:45 a.m. Busses will begin departing the hotel at 7:00 a.m. Please meet on street level on 45th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues. Following the Divine Liturgy, busses will be available to take delegates back to the hotel.
- On the evening of Sunday, July 3, there will be a Great Vespers at Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church and National Shrine which begins at 6:00 p.m. Please note that transportation is not provided for this service.
- The Consecration of Saint Nicholas will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, July 4th. Busses will begin departing from the hotel at 7:30 a.m. Please meet on street level on 45th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues. Following the Consecration and Divine Liturgy, busses will be available to take delegates back to the hotel.
- Following the Consecration, there will be an All-American Fourth of July BBQ Lunch at the hotel for all registered delegates. Immediately following this lunch, the Opening Ceremonies of the Clergy-Laity Congress will commence at 5:00 p.m.
Thank you, friends, and we cannot wait to see you in New York City!
V. Rev. Archimandrite Nektarios Papazafiropoulos
Chancellor of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America